- Uugantseren just donated $101.00
- Jackie just donated $211.00
- Christopher MEDLOW just donated $73.85
- Victoria Fox-Smith just donated $126.60
- Johanna Van Klaveren just donated $6.00
- Andrew Elliott just donated $180.00
- Ray Thomas just donated $232.10
- Joe Vella just donated $105.50
- Paul Casson just donated $31.65
- Anonymous just donated $5.28
- Rob just donated $39.00
- Jason Sommer just donated $50.00
- Kelly Burtenshaw just donated $126.60
- Sue Pike just donated $126.60
- Darine Groch just donated $105.50
- Kerry just donated $126.60
- Shirley Wilson just donated $105.50
- Heena Yoon just donated $52.75
- Natalia Clampett just donated $5.19
- Laura McLaren just donated $52.75
WALK 28KM IN THE SHOES OF A PERSON LIVING ON OUR STREETS
On average a person experiencing homelessness walks about 28km every week to access vital support services and to find a safe place to sleep.
Join us on Saturday 7 October and take the Long Walk Home to show people sleeping on and around our streets that they’re not alone, whilst also raising funds for Wayside Chapel.
With your help, we can continue offering unconditional love, wrap-around care and support to people experiencing crisis and social isolation. Together we can create a community of no ‘us and them’.
Please join Wayside and take the Long Walk Home with us from Parramatta to Kings Cross. Every step you take will help someone on their journey to healing.
Love over Hate
Raised to support
How It Works
1. Sign up
Register and join Wayside Chapel on Saturday 7 October and walk 28km from Parramatta to Kings Cross.
Share your page and let everyone know you’re walking 28km with Wayside Chapel in the shoes of a person living on our streets.
3. Take The Long Walk Home
Complete your 28km walk to show people experiencing homelessness and social isolation that they’re loved and not forgotten.
Choose Love over Hate
Creating community with no ‘us and them’
Under a banner of ‘love over hate,’ Wayside Chapel has been providing unconditional love, care and wrap-around support for people experiencing homelessness and social isolation since 1964. Our mission is to create a community with no ‘us and them’, and address underlying issues of inequality, wellbeing, and loneliness. From our centres in Kings Cross and Bondi, we offer a range of support services that place dignity, respect, and love at the heart of what we do.
Long Walk Home encourages you to help people experiencing homelessness and isolation by taking on an awesome group fitness challenge.
We encourage each participant to set their goals high and try to raise at least $360, which can provide vital essentials to 12 vulnerable people in our community.
Together, we will take steps to show people experiencing homelessness that they’re not alone.